lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

Global Warming: Earth's worst enemy.

I think I will talk about a problem that affects not only my person but all the people around the globe. I will talk about the Global Warming, this is happening because the people on Earth, little by little, are destroying the ozone layer. Every piece of plastic, paper or any kind of trash you throw to the streets destroys the environment.

Global warming is the continuing rise in the average temperature of Earth's atmosphere and oceans. Global warming is caused by increased concentrations of greenhouse gases (this is a very funny word) in the atmosphere, resulting from human activities such as deforestation and burning of fossil fuels. The Global Warming causes extreme temperature changes, it can be from too cold to too hot. I think every person in this world has felt the consequences of the global warming. An example of the bad consequences that brings them Global Warming is: ten years ago, in November and December, the temperature was very low, and now a day the temperature is too high. I remember when the Christmas’s nights were cool and you had to wear a big sweater, gloves and a scarf, while drinking a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. Now, I wear a T-shirt, jeans and sun block, while I drink a cool, filled with ice, glass of Coke. The weather has changed so much in a short period of time.

Not only the weather and the people in Earth are affected by this problem, also the plants, animals and environments in Earth. The chemicals released in the gases combine with the gases and other chemicals in the atmosphere and this is what causes it to break or to tear apart. The breaking of the ozone layer causes the solar beams to enter directly into Earth. The ultraviolet rays (UV rays) make the people develop skin cancer, or even brain damage.

I think people should be aware of what will happen if we continue being this mean to the Earth. The poles are melting, the animals and pants are dying, people are developing cancer and other diseases and, little by little, we are destroying our beloved Earth.

I remember that when I was a little kid, my father used to take me to a little mountain near my house. We used to take long walks, we caught frogs in a little river that passed through the mountain, and we ate there, it a perfect day for me. We would go there every Sunday morning, but one Sunday, suddenly, he didn’t take me to my perfect place. We never returned to my beautiful place, until one day, this year; I went by myself to check that beautiful place and for my disgrace it was destroyed, full of trash and the river was almost dead and the water was almost black. I almost cried, I couldn’t believe that one of the most beautiful places on Earth (at least for me) was destroyed by the stupid pollution. I go so mad and sad at the same time.

I couldn’t write six hundred and fifty words but I want to leave you with one final message, please, take care of the world we live in. This is a beautiful world, we should take care of it, if we don’t, the entire world will collapse and it will destroy us all. Please, take care of you and the place you live in.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario