lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

One great person I met.

One day, 5 years ago, I met an old man. I remember he had a lot of wrinkles in the face and everywhere, his bald and at the same time hairy head shined with the sun at the same time he said: -“Hello, my name is Roberto Asturias.” The first I saw him I thought he was like an old pedophile that wanted to rape me, but as I got to know him he became a great guy. We were at the park with my grandfather the first time we met.  He had a long, brownish, and a little destroyed coat. He was poor, he had almost no money to eat, and he used to sell the things he found on the street. With the money he made selling that stuff, he bought toys for the little kids. When I heard that the old man I thought was a pedophile was really a sweet, lovable man, I started helping him with money and clothes. We became kind of really good friends. I went to see him every day for a month. One day I asked him that why he was so kind with all the people, and why he gives everything he has to the people that needs it more than him. And he answered me that he had one kind of Leukemia and he only had three months of life. I was shocked by his news, I couldn’t believe it! We became so close that I could barely speak after what he said. I started crying, I finally found a friend who understood all my problems and who could help me figure out why I was here in Earth. I got to my house that night and I wrote a song, this song’s name is “amigo de verdad” it talks about the perfect friend, not the guys who only are your “friends” because of the money or interest. A real friend knows what, when and how to make you feel better and is always there for you. The next day I went to the park but I couldn’t find him, I searched everywhere for him but I just couldn’t find him. The next day the same thing happened. The same happened the next week and the next and the next. One day I saw him walking on the street, I was happy but angry at the same time. I ran and talked to him, he said that his cancer was cured by a “miracle”. I was so happy I couldn’t believe it. My friend was cured and now we could continue being friends. Do you think a middle-class kid like me would find an old, poor and kind man as his best friend? Well I did. We continued being good friends as before. One day he started acting weird. When I asked what was happening, he just answered –“nothing, I’m okay”. He was becoming more popular with the time, he had more friends and even he found a job in the Muni. But I realized something was wrong. I tried a lot of times of making him to say what he was thinking. One March 23rd, I was returning from school, when I saw a lot of people and an ambulance near the bench we used to sit and talk for hours. I got out of the bus and walked all the way to the park to find out what was happening. A lady told me that the old, bald and wrinkled man had died. I wanted to kill myself, I was devastated! Sometimes I remember this old man who taught me one, and maybe the most important, lesson in life:- “friends may be tall, fat, old, young, short, boy, girl, alien or cow, but they are still your friends and they will always find a way to make you feel better. I miss my friend, I really miss him, but now I know he is in a better place.

1 comentario:

  1. What a great story!

    But I want more details: Where did you meet him? What was his background and where was he from? Why did he do what he did?

    That said, keep up the good work. Be careful with present/past tense and subject-verb agreement. Also, try to break up your posts into paragraphs. It's very hard to read one big column of writing.

    Miss K

    ResponderEliminar